Thursday, January 1, 2009

Vacation cont.

After breakfast in the condo, we headed up for the first day of sking.
The pass had only opened the day before at noon. So there were still plows on the way up.We quickly discovered that the suburban is not the heaviest vehicle. We got help from some guys who pushed us up the slick drive. Then the parking lot attendents had us park here. Do you think they were trying to tell us something?

Manuel getting his board ready.
A look at some of the mountain.

After a full day of skiing and everyone hungry, we headed down the mountain back to town.

This house was so neat to look at but check out the road!!

Then God gave us this sunset.

Some more of the wonders of Colorado Rockies in all God's glory.




I loved all the people watching I got to do.

This guy had a great hat. So I thought I would sneak a picture. Shhh...


Well, he caught me and let me put it on for a picture of my own. It is a skunk hat. They had a son who graduated from A&M. We met a LOT of Aggies out there.

We even have our own flag there.
It was not snowing when I took this, our windows were that dirty.

Snow was abounding. Some drivng was nerve racking and I was glad that Mark was driving and not me. It was amazing how many people from Oklahoma went screaming past us on the icy roads. :(

This was the view on the way home after three days of snow fun. This is going down 84 from Pagosa Springs. No cell service but with stuff like this to look at who cares.

No comments: